Most outdoor décors are determined by the size and look of the outdoor umbrellas you choose.
Despite choosing the best designs and quality of umbrellas, the longevity and durability is determined by the quality of the outdoor umbrella stands, which can hold them steady against all weather conditions.
After all, the looks of these umbrellas are mainly gauged by the way they stand.
The types of outdoor umbrella stands or bases are varied, as they depend on the sizes, designs, quality, and weight bearing abilities they possess.
Here are some factors knowing which will help you understand outdoor umbrella stands better:
- Outdoor Umbrella Stands based on weights: Choosing the right base for huge outdoor umbrellas is extremely important in addition to deciding upon the design and style it flaunts. For instance, a 100lbs stand can support any size of standing umbrella without a table; whereas a 75lbs stand is apt for umbrellas with heights between 8 feet and 11 feet. Umbrellas with table require different weight range of stands.
- Rust-Free Stands: This is one feature you have to look for, when you buy outdoor umbrella stands. These are specifically designed with materials that do not oxidize or form rust. Most often, these stands are made of cast iron and composite materials. They might even have a finishing coat of bronze powder and are usually made available in various designs and styles to suit your modern décor.
- Rolling Stands: These outdoor umbrella stands are often made of high-density and durable polyethylene that do not chip or rust. Though they are easy to maintain and have wheels for you to move them around, as and when you may choose to, you may have to fill them with sand, water, or stones to make them heavy and stay fixed.
- Resin Stands: Resin stands are similar to rolling stands, in terms of filling them up with water or sand due to their lightweight and mobile features. However, these stands do not chip, peel, or rust under changing weather conditions and hence are considered to be one of the best options for outdoor umbrella stands.
- Cantilever Umbrella Stands: These stands have to be heavier than the ones you pick for umbrellas with table, which is approximately 100lbs. These are ideal for off-set patio umbrellas that you position over seating areas to ensure adequate shade. Cantilever umbrella stands are made of molded plastic and need to be filled with water, or sand, or rocks to boost stability.
Irrespective of the varied models and types, you can get outdoor umbrella stands in a wide range of colors, designs and styles to fit the diverse requirements of your indoor or outdoor décor.
Just remember to consider the size of your umbrella, its height and frame, the color of its fabric, the diameter of the shade as well as the material and weight of the center shaft to pick the best stand that serves your purpose and enhances the beauty quotient of your space.